The development by EFC comprised; two large ovals (one the size of the MCG the other the size of Etihad), a running/walking track, training, and an administrative building measuring approximately 10,000 square metres built over four levels. Key benefits included:
• Expansion of the EFC to provide its players with the best possible training conditions in one of the largest and most flexible indoor training spaces in the AFL.
• High quality facilities and support for the Australian Paralympic Committee and therefore assistance to aspiring Paralympicathletes and more broadly people with disabilities.
• Multi-purpose facilities for club-related community programs for including primary and secondary schools, community groups, sporting clubs and local government programs.
• A multi-generational training facility for the Club, securing the long-term future and presence of the EFC in the north-west of Melbourne.
• A pathway for Australian football, from junior level to the elite competition, which will enhance the important role of sport within the community and subsequently, the health, fitness and well-being of many young
• Numerous economic benefits including direct and indirect employment, the potential to attract other businesses to the Melbourne Airport, increased land value and support for surrounding businesses and community
Essedon Football Club & Australian Paralympic Committee